This week on The Podcast we continue our discussion on habits - this time giving you simple tips and tricks how to simplify our systems and ways we work and live. How (and what) to question in order to find more margin and space for our creative time:
Listen to this week’s episode:
Time: ~ 45 minutes
If you rate us on iTunes, we might give you a shout-out on air! Thanks! :-)
And if you’re new here:
The Podcast is a weekly podcast chat with Radek and yours truly (we both work at Nozbe) about productivity, business, books, and whatever else comes to mind… - if you liked this episode, make sure to check out past episodes.
Show notes for this episode:
- Previous episode about distractions
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying (Audible)
- Essentialism - The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown (Audible)
- The Podcast 49: Zero sum game
- The Podcast 87: Sleep Smarter
- New reminders in Nozbe 3.5
- The Podcast 85: Magic Spreadsheet
- Productive app
- Interview with Jason Fried
Heuristics to use when simplifying:
- Is this (still) important? Do I care about the goal it’s serving?
- Is it still relevant? Can I do just fine without it?
- Is it realistic I’ll ever get this done?
- If I’ll ever need this again, will I just remember it? (Do I need to store it?)
- Do I already have it somewhere else? Don’t duplicate things.
- It is the right place for this? (events in calendar, tasks in Nozbe, etc…)
- Is it the right time for this? (maybe different time of day or day of week would work better?)
- Can I do it less often?
- Can I batch it with similar tasks?
- Can I automate this?
- Can I delegate it to someone else?
- Do I actually follow this reminder? (If not, why pretend?)
- Does this piece of data actually influence my behavior or decisions? (If not, why track it?)