It’s hard to satisfy a geek like me. I don’t like to buy many things and I’m very specific about stuff I want. And there are also gadgets that I need. Here’s the list of things I got on Black Friday or will be getting soon this holiday season (or will be telling my relatives to get for me). Hope it’s useful to you and inspires you to get something for yourself:
The 2020 iPhone is…
- iPhone mini - I got 128GB black. This year it’s the best value in iPhone and the most futuristic phone IMHO.
- Apple Watch Series 6 is also the Apple Watch to get. I got an aluminium blue one with cellular.
The iPhone cover?
- SinjiMoru Wallet - 🇺🇸US 🇪🇸ES 🇩🇪DE I’m using the iPhone without any cover, just with a minimalist wallet glued to it. Still works with most wireless chargers.
- MagSafe Wallet I ordered it but it hasn’t come over yet. I’m gonna try it.
- Mujjo Leather Wallet Case If I decide to use a cover on my iPhone.
A geek needs lots of cables, so I recommend getting these:
- Spare Apple Watch cable as I want to be able to charge my watch anywhere. I’ve tested the compatible non-Apple ones and they’re good, too.
- 3-in-1 retractable charging cables - they’re cheap and they charge from USB-A to USB-C, micro-USB and Lightning. I have lots of those at home. 🇺🇸US 🇩🇪DE 🇪🇸ES
- Spare USB-C to USB-C cables and USB-C to Lightning cables. Find any cables you like.
Now that we’ve got new PD (Power Delivery) GaN chargers, it’s time to stock up:
There are also higher-Watt chargers like “Aukey Omnia” with 65W or even 100W, so make sure to check them out instead of getting the bulky Apple chargers.
Induction “wireless” chargers:
There’s the MagSafe Charger for the iPhone 12 for around $40 and the duo MagSafe Charger for the iPhone and Apple Watch for $120 but these are pretty expensive. Not getting them for now.
I like traditional Qi chargers. The cheap ones from IKEA - the Livboj model works surprisingly well!
- Samson Q2U - 🇺🇸US 🇪🇸ES 🇩🇪DE I’ve got two of these - one connected to the iMac and one I use with the iPad through a USB-C to mini-USB cable.
- Shure MV7 - 🇺🇸US 🇪🇸ES 🇩🇪DE this is the one I have on my Christmas list.
Here are some other things on my list:
What’s on your list?