Two years ago I posted the contents of my backpack and all the tech gear I have there. Until recently that’s how I was carrying all my cables and tech. However recently I re-examined my setup and bought some new pouches and from now on this is how I’m carrying all my gear:
Travel tech pouch
Recently I’ve been traveling much more and very often I’m on the road with either just my wife or with my entire family, so I realized I needed a bigger tech pouch with more cables and I bought:
It’s incredible. It fits not only all of my cables, chargers, power banks and dongles, but also a small toiletry pouch:
Here’s the full list from left bottom to right.
- Small ballpoint pen 🖊️ comes in handy!
- Hyperdrive USB-C iPad dongle - still works great!
- 2 * USB-C to Lightning cables
- USB-C to Apple Watch charger
- Apple Magsafe Duo Charger
- Mini-jack audio cable for Bose headphones with mini-jack-to-Lightning dongle
- Tecknet 3 * USB-C and USB 100W PD charger
- USB-C to USB-C cable
- Short USB-C to USB-C cable with wattage meter
- USB-C standard Thunderbolt cable
- Apple Magsafe battery pack
- AirFly Bluetooth transmitter.
- 10K multi-cable Power bank
- 2-to-1 mini-jack audio dongle
- USB thumb drive
- Legacy 9-pin to Lightning dongle (for some hotel rooms)
- USB-C to Lightning dongle
- USB-C to USB dongle
- HDMI to USB-C cable with HDMI extender dongle
- Lavalier microphone for iPhone audio recording
- Short USB to Lightning cable
- Short USB to micro-USB cable
- Short USB-C to Lightning cable
- Wiping cloth for glasses and screens
- LAN to USB-C dongle
- Toiletry pouch with with a deodorant, toothbrush and Channel Platinum Egoiste fragrance
- Plastic handy charger holder for iPhone
- USB to Moleskine Pen charging cable
- Nozbe stickers
- Essentials sewing 🧵 package
- Tiny screwdriver (Phillips and flat)
- Hand cream
- Lightning to USB and mini-jack dongle
- Lightning to HDMI dongle
- Moleskine Smart Pen - I’m testing it right now!
- Fingernail clipper - I’m not leaving on a trip without it!
Here’s how I can fit everything inside:
First I put the audio cables and small dongles (which I rarely use):
Then I put the HDMI cable (used very often) and then Lavalier mic, Lightning dongles:
Then the charging holder and the small cables, small toiletry items and the toiletry pouch:
Then on the other side I keep all the necessary charging gear and cables:
Everyday tech pouch
I don’t need that many things when I’m just leaving the house with the iPad in my daily backpack so for that purpose I have a much smaller “everyday tech pouch”, which I bought from my favorite YouTuber:
In there I have just few the most necessary cables and chargers:
Here’s the full list from left to right:
- Anker nano USB-C charger (20W)
- USB-C to USB-C cable
- USB-C to Lightning cable
- Peak Design mobile tripod
- Small ballpoint pen (again!)
- Novaplus A7 Pro stylus for the iPad
- Anker Power Bank 10K with wireless charging
- USB to micro-USB cable with USB-to-USB-C adapter
Two pouches always ready to go!
When I go on a longer trip, I take the big travel tech pouch. While going through airport security I take out the pouch from my backpack, open it up and put it on the tray, take out the toiletries pouch as well and put it to the side.
When I just go outside in my town, I take the smaller pouch.
I don’t take cables or dongles out of these pouches at home. If I need a cable or dongle for my permanent home office use, I buy an additional one.
This way whenever I’m going outside, I can rely on these pouches being ready for me!