This week on The Podcast we started discussing the book by Charles Duhigg, “Smarter Faster Better” (Audible / Amazon), where one of the key concepts was the idea of managers serving their team members and not the other way round. Of taking the blame of your team’s mistakes and owning it, which I already wrote about here and most recently here. When we really warmed up (after about 10 min) the conversation got really interesting:
Listen to this week’s episode:
Time: ~ 47 minutes
If you rate us on iTunes, we might give you a shout-out on air! Thanks! :-)
And if you’re new here:
The Podcast is a weekly podcast chat with Radek and yours truly (we both work at Nozbe) about productivity, business, books, and whatever else comes to mind… - if you liked this episode, make sure to check out past episodes.
Show notes for this episode:
- Smarter Faster Better: The Secrets of Being Productive in Life and Business (audible)
- Radek’s notes for Smarter Faster Better
- The Podcast 60: TGIF
- TGIF - My team’s attempt at working less, but better
- Take the blame. It’s really your fault. Learn from it.
- It’s all your fault! Even when it isn’t!
- The Podcast 19: Design Fight
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business (audible)
- Your Brain at Work: Strategies for Overcoming Distraction, Regaining Focus, and Working Smarter All Day Long (audible)
- Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World (audible)